If you do not see your question below, please contact us.
Test Applications & More
Most of our test sockets can be paired with heaters integrated in the socket base or the lid for regulated heat to your device or package. This is useful for Burn-In, Environmental tests, and Failure Analysis. Our heaters can be scaled to your application, and we have a temperature controller to interface with our heated sockets and fixtures.
Cooling lids are an option for our test sockets. We offer passive heatsinks with or without a fan. For an active option, we have water blocks or TEC thermal heads that span over a wide range of power. We have a temperature controller for our cooling options that integrate with our test sockets and fixtures.
For more details into how many heating and cooling options are available and our capabilities, contact us.
Failure Analysis users have certain needs in a test socket. They need more than electrical connectivity, and typically need optical access to look through to the package. An F/A test socket typically has an open top lid and often an open bottom feature to allow backside access. Often decapsulated devices are thinned, so an FA socket needs to cope by having interchangeable or adjustable lids. Failed devices are often reballed or unballed, so an FA socket must cope with varying devices or allow for connection past a missing BGA ball or bent pin. Holding a sample stable and level is important in microscopy, and our sockets are machined with precise tolerance to secure the device where you want it. Our test sockets are made to order with a wide range of options, materials, and designs to fulfill your failure analysis needs.
Contact us for more information or to discuss your next project.
We design and build many test solutions which can be used under a microscope for fault isolation. See below for options and versatility:
- Most of our test sockets can have an F/A open top lid. CSP sockets have the option of the Sapphire Window lid which allows visibility to just about all FA relevant imaging tools.
- R1 and R4 DUT boards are inherently low profile and, with a Yamaichi cable, work well for all kinds of optical microscopy
- The 950 Series fixture can be semi-permanently mounted on the stage and allows quick and easy DUT board swapping. Open top and open backside configurations are possible with the 950 Series.
- The 384-pin pogo block fixture has a probe station configuration with similar applications to the 950 Series, but with 4x more pins.
- The MultiTrace and MegaTrace can be used to bias your device in compatible fixtures during the hotspot search, including lock-in thermography. You can use the setup used to detect leakage to stimulate the device during fault isolation.
- Manual switch boxes can be used to bias your device in compatible fixtures during the hotspot search. You can use the switch box with external supplies and lock-in thermography pulse sources.
- Custom breakout and alignment fixtures can be used in special circumstances.
Contact us for more details and options.